in the time I've been gone, I've completed my exams. afterward, slacked a little. and then slacked some more. the exam period this time wasn't stressful, which is good right? hopefully. think I've mentioned this before, but I've never been much of a results-oriented person. I've hardly been a top-scorer very much (primary school doesn't really count, does it), but I guess things are different now. when you've been 'chased out' of your own country by the only university that offers the only course you want to do, that changes things. pushes you. a little harder than I would have already, it simply isn't nice to be looked down upon. I'd understand if you don't know what I mean, not everyone has stepped out of their bed of roses. bitter is a sensation not well-digested.
this may make me seem schizophrenic, but on to simpler things. like a day trip we had to mornington the day after my last paper. I shouldn't say simple, seeing how we took more than our fair share of wrong turns on the way there. first stop was Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm. to eat ice-cream. duh no, to pick strawberries. which are sweeet. as in really sweet.
then we went to Ashcombe Maze. remember this name, all melburnians. cuz it's the name of the last place you should ever think about visiting. you're better off throwing your AUD$15 into my pocket. at least I'll say thank you and maybe buy you a coffee. anyhow, the so-called attractions at this mockery of a place are so run-down, to say the least. fortunately, their gardens are their saving grace.
maybe my balcony could be a tourist attraction too. gives you hope.
maybe, ken, some GEPs probably should be experimented upon. but I'm not sure what's the protocol for experimenting on oneself? I'm just super amused at how the education ministry likes to play around with kids' minds. hey, you're gifted so let's separate you from the other kids. after we do that, let's integrate you with the other kids again! woo, how fun is that? it's evident we sometimes get the preferential treatment, but makes you wonder doesn't it. just because you can spot some patterns or fill in the right answers at 9 or 13 years old, that makes you gifted? well, it probably does. having been through it, I'm most thankful for being part of the program. it's done me a whole lot of good I reckon.
this is gonna make this post so long, but.
watched 不能说的秘密 during the exam period. and was I impressed. jay chou can't act, but well. it's one kind of movie that I'd like. mandarin. love story. having never been in a relationship myself kinda discounts me from making any judgements. but I've been thinking for the longest time now. is it possible for a relationship to be built over distances of the geographical and time kinds? well, if it is, I'm for it. and I still hang on to the belief that it is.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007